How do I become a NeRAIN volunteer?
To become a volunteer, you must follow these simple steps:
1. Read through the web site or handouts and know what the project
is about. We have information on
How To Measure
Precipitation, How To Measure Snow, and
How To Measure Hail as well as information
on the Equipment used.
2. Go to our Volunteer
Registration Form web page and sign up.
3. Make sure you have a rain
gauge. You may purchase a rain gauge from us for $25.00 or buy
one elsewhere. They are very nice gauges that measure in hundredths
of an inch. We ask that your rain gauge be of similar quality to
the ones we sell.
4. Either attend a training session for volunteers, or read through
the web site completely. Know how the NeRAIN observers do
their job and how important it is to the project.
5. Use our Regional Coordinator
list to find the appropriate person to ask any questions that you may have.
6. Get a NeRAIN Precipitation and Snow
Measurement Forms to record your data available here!